Friday, July 22, 2011

A little body work on the side.

Several years ago I worked in a body shop. So when the opportunity to buy a Durango (that needed some bodywork) came my way, I took it. I figured it would be a good time to brush up on my paint and body skills and make a few bucks as well.

All to often we get caught up in what were doing, missing valuable opportunities to teach our own children. While I was in the middle of sanding bondo on a fender, one of my little guys says: "hey Dad can I sand that?"
My first thought was: "you're too small." Then he asked again.

A little surprised at his request, I handed him the sanding block and proceeded to show him what to do. You never know what may spark interest in the eyes of your children. Take the extra time to teach them whatever it is that you are doing.

A missed opportunity may be lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment