If you get out and talk to people, especially in the country, they are bartering for just about everything. You can always find someone that has something you need or want. Likewise you probably have some goods equally appealing to them.
I put bartering to the test for the last few weeks. Here's some of the things I came up with that we have traded:
- Chicken hatching eggs for duck hatching eggs.
- A stack of lumber and two pheasants for a four wheeler.
- A bottle calf for a riding mower, (the yard looks great now!)
- I cleared a fence row for some treated posts.
- I loaded logs on a sawmill for enough lumber to build a nice size barn.
- A mini farm truck for a full size truck and a dune buggy.
- I also traded eggs for milk.